JJ Burke Car Sales are looking to recruit a full-time qualified mechanic at our West of Ireland, multi-franchise car dealership. A family run business, JJ Burke Car Sales are main dealers for Renault, Peugeot and Dacia.
We are looking for a skilled mechanic to maintain and repair vehicles.
You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them, striving for maximum reliability and functionality.
An excellent Technician has good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. They are well-versed in complex mechanical or electronical systems of vehicles and have excellent problem-solving abilities. They must also be good communicators to provide advice to customers.
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical / electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Proven experience as auto mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Excellent physical condition
If you are interested in the role please submit your C.V. to email@example.com