Electric & Hybrid Vehicles
Thinking of switching to Electric?
With a comprehensive Passenger and Commercial EV & Hybrid Range available - there is a vehicle to suit you.
There is so much to love about electric and hybrid vehicles over the conventional combustion petrol or diesel engines.
Our Hybrid and Plug In Hybrid options give you the best of both worlds with the combination of an electric motor with a petrol or diesel engine known as ICE (Internal Combustion Engine).
Benefits of an Electric & Hybrid Vehicle
- Relaxed Driving Experience thanks to a silent motor with no engine noise or vibrations that you would get on a petrol or diesel engine. Hybrid options such as the Peugeot 3008 SUV HYBRID and Renault CAPTUR E-TECH PHEV boast flexibility of switching between fully electric and fuel modes.
- Ever growing network of charge points – thanks to ESB eCars charge point installation in public areas there is multiple options for charging your Electric Vehicle on the road. You can view the full map on the ESB eCars here
- Grants – SEAI will contribute a grant of up to €5,000 plus VRT Relief towards a new Electric Vehicle towards a Private Customer, while Businesses can receive a grant of up to €3,800 towards a new Electric Vehicle. SEAI will also contribute a grant on Hybrid and Plug In Hybrid vehicles
- Innovation – with new Electric and Hybrid Vehicles you can benefit of clever innovation like the MyRenault App which on certain models allows to “Pre Heat” the climate control so your vehicles interior cabin is at the perfect temperature on a cold day! Peugeot has also released the MyPeugeot App for its Electric and Hybrid Range where you can activate, stop and schedule charging, and programme or “Pre-Heat” the air conditioning all from your smartphone!
- Choice – at J.J. Burke Car Sales you can be assured there is plenty of choice when it comes to choosing a Hybrid, Plug In Hybrid or Fully Electric Vehicle. Choose from the innovative Renault Z.E. or Zero Emissions Range or the all new E TECH Hybrid and Plug In Hybrid options. Choose from the fully Electric all new Renault ZOE or in the commercial range, the Renault KANGOO Z.E. and Renault MASTER Z.E. New for 2021 is the all new Renault E- TECH Hybrid and Plug In Hybrid Range including CLIO Hybrid, or CAPTUR and MEGANE Plug In Hybrid!
- Peugeot have launched their all new Fully Electric Vehicle Range including the e208 and e2008 SUV while the 3008 SUV Hybrid and 508 Hybrid Range gives the flexibility of combining electric motor with a conventional petrol engine
There is a grant available up to €5,000 from SEAI for an Electric Vehicle plus VRT relief while there is also a grant available on a Hybrid or Plug In Hybrid Vehicle. When purchasing a fully Electric or Hybrid vehicle, the dealer will apply for the grant for you. The grant amount is deducted from the total price agreed for your new Electric Vehicle.
A government funded support scheme has also been introduced to assist homeowners install an electric vehicle charge point on their property. This provide grants of up to €600 towards the purchase and installation of a home charger unit.
For more information on the SEAI grants available, please visit: https://www.seai.ie/grants/electric-vehicle-grants/