JJ Burke Car Sales are looking to recruit a full-time qualified Mechanic / Technician at their West of Ireland, multi-franchise dealership. A family run business JJ Burke Car Sales are main dealers for Renault, Peugeot and Dacia.
Technician’s responsibilities include:
Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
Inspecting vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
Conducting routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
We are looking for a skilled Technician to maintain and repair vehicles.
You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them aiming to maximum reliability and functionality.
An excellent Technician has good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. They are well-versed in complex mechanical or electronical systems of vehicles and have excellent problem-solving abilities. They must also be good communicators to provide advice to customers.
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical / electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Proven experience as auto mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Excellent physical condition
If you're interested in this role please send your CV to email@example.com.